The Singer 7258 Stylist sewing machine is an affordable, lightweight machine with convenience and creative features that novices to experts will love.
Important Note: Sewing Made Simple is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. Pricing is based when we wrote this product review and cannot guarantee accuracy or availability. We will correct any inaccuracies as soon as they are brought to our attention
Singer 7258: Best Bang For Your Buck!
Singer Sewing Machine 7258 Stylist is an easy-to-use machine for its price. Users enjoy professional-looking sewing results from electronic push-button operation. Most user reviews are very positive, even about the few less-than-perfect aspects of the machine.
Happy customers like the quiet, smooth operation, multiple presser feet, and convenient accessory storage compartment filled with more than a dozen useful items.
Anyone with a limited budget will find this machine very satisfying. At under 20 pounds, it is easy to move around and use in different locations. While Singer doesn’t classify it as a basic machine, it’s easy enough for beginners to figure it out and use.
It comes with a quick start guide and instructional DVD, as well as a full instruction manual. Please check out below video on the Features and Benefits section.
Its top features are 100 built-in stitches with adjustable stitch length and width, electronic start and stop and push-button stitch selection, top-loading drop-in bobbin, and automatic needle threader and tension.
Singer 7258 Computerized Sewing Machine
The Singer 7258 Stylist is relatively small at 15 by 7.5 by 12 inches and 16 pounds. It has an aluminum frame with a hard plastic body and twin needle capacity.
The StayBright LED lifetime white lamp illuminates every project. It’s an electronic sewing machine with electronic start and stop so users can sew without using the foot petal. It has push button stitch selection and top loading jam-proof bobbin system with a clear cover for uninterrupted operation. The electronics are located on the front with a display panel above six operating buttons. It carries the Consumer’s Digest Best Buy Seal.
Features & Benefits
For an affordable model, the Singer 7258 Stylist sewing machine comes with an impressive 25-year limited warranty that includes 25 years of coverage on parts, five years coverage on electronics, and one year of coverage on labor.
Read below as I discussed the top features of this model or watch the video to get a good idea about the Singer Stylist.
These top features are what attract buyers when they look at the price:
- 100 Built-In Stitches
100 built-in stitches include eight basic stitches, eight stretch stitches, seven buttonhole stitches, and 75 decorative stitches. Decorative stitches include leafy vine, geometrics, flowers, stars, and bows for fashion sewing, quilting, crafts heirlooms and embroidered decorations.
- Electronic Push-Button Start and Stop
The Singer 7258 is an electronic model and can be operated with or without the foot controller, making simple repairs quick and easy.
- Electronic Push-Button Stitch Selection
It’s easy to select the desired stitch from the electronic display panel at the push of a button. The machine automatically selects the best length, width, and tension, making adjustments unnecessary.
- Top-Loading Jam-Proof Bobbin System with Clear Cover
The bobbin drops into the bobbin chamber that has a unique magnetic vertical axis rotating hook eliminating annoying bobbin jams and sewing interruptions. The clear cover allows users to easily see the bobbin and how much thread is on it. Automatic bobbin winding makes setting up sewing projects fast and easy.
- Automatic Needle Threader
The automatic needle threader with six-second threading takes some of the manual setup out of sewing machine
- Automatic Tension
The electronics automatically adjust the right tension during sewing, eliminating the need for manual adjustments and the chance for bobbin jams and sloppy stitches.
- On-board storage for accessories makes staying organized easy and eliminates extra boxes and bins in your workspace.
- Auto tie-off for straight stitch and tacking stitch with auto tie-off for decorative stitches make project completion faster and easier.
- Automatic reverse 6mm stitch width, sewing speed up to 750 stitches-per-minute and automatic presser foot pressure are more features that make this machine fun and easy to use.
Singer Stylist 7258 Accessories
- Auxiliary spool pin
- General purpose foot on machine
- 2 spool pin felt discs
- Small, medium, and large thread spool caps
- Screwdriver for needle plate
- One-step buttonhole foot
- Satin special-purpose foot for decorative sewing
- Four class 15J bobbins
- Zipper foot
- Blind hem foot
- Needles package
- Lint brush
- Seam ripper and darning plate
- 10 presser feet are included
Singer 7258 Sewing Machine Problems: Tips and Tricks
Overall user reviews are very positive about this model for the features and price, and have a few comments that will help other sewers buying this machine:
- This sewing machine comes with a thin plastic cover. Those who use the machine regularly may want to get a more durable cover.
- This model has a plastic plate instead of a lever to lower the feed dogs, and some users report the plate may jump during operation. Users experiencing this have found that an easy, effective workaround is taping the plate down with sturdy tape like painters tape to eliminate the movement.
- The pedal and lever are plastic not metal, and may feel different than other machines that experienced sewers have used, but they are part of the lightweight design.
- Users have reported that the foot press control isn’t as responsive or sensitive as in more expensive machines but that doesn’t interfere with operations.
- Some users have found that this machine isn’t ideal for heavier projects or thick material like fleece but that it is great for most other materials and works well for decorative detail work.
- Threading the drop-in bobbin takes a little getting used to but is not overly difficult.
- Users have reported that if there are any problems with this machine, it’s better to return it right away for a replacement or refund than to try to send it to Singer for repairs. This process with Amazon especially is very quick and easy.
The Singer 7258 Stylist sewing machine is one of the best Singer sewing machines for beginners with some nice features that produce great stitches without a high level of expertise. It has cool automatic features that will keep beginners from getting discouraged and will make more experienced seamstress very happy, such as automatic bobbin winding, automatic stitch adjustment, and a nice assortment of one step button hole stitches, as well as the push-button tie-off feature.
The twin needle capability, 13 different needle positions, and feeding system with 6 segments are more features that sewist of all levels appreciate.